This course has been designed for children in Year Five. The focus of these sessions is to familiarise your child with the type of questions included within the Buckinghamshire 11+ and give them the skills and strategies needed to complete the exam accurately, quickly and confidently.
What can you expect from the Foundation 11+?
- Weekly one-hour lessons, taking place during term-time in your child’s home
- Fun and engaging sessions
- Use of baseline assessments to determine your child’s strengths and weaknesses
- Use of formative assessment to modify learning opportunities to suit your child’s needs
- Regular monitoring and feedback to parents
- Weekly home learning tasks focusing on verbal skills, Mathematical skills and non-verbal skills
- Individual or paired tuition
- Development of exam technique
- Extra sessions during the Summer holiday
- One session in the Autumn term prior to the Buckinghamshire 11+